Monday, August 8, 2016

Spooky Beach Fairy Garden


My daughter and I were invited over to the neighbors to make fairy gardens, this isn't one of them.  A gang of chipmunks vandalized ours, because chipmunks are little bastards.  Adorable little bastards, but little bastards nonetheless.  They literally left no stone unturned. No stone, no marble, no decorative whatnot. They even violated a fairy princess. Seriously guys is nothing sacred?

I salvaged parts from the originals, added in a few skeletal elements and moved it inside where it's safe. The fence is made out of hands that were a gift from another neighbor.  I've never thought of fairy gardens as a creepy medium, but now that I've had a little taste, I can totally see getting lost in the world of miniature gardens with zombies and tombstones instead of fairies and butterflies. First I'll have to see whether I manage to keep the plants alive. Then maybe I'll figure out how to make a skeleton lounging in a beach chair sipping a fruity cocktail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment